Thursday, June 11, 2009

Jumping on the blog bandwagon

(Wrote this post yesterday in Boston, but posting it now from Amsterdam...)

I haven't had a chance to start up this blog until now - at the airport.

But, while waiting for my (surprise!) delayed flight, and while trying to fend off a little Indian boy who keeps jumping onto my shoulder and kicking me under the armrests, I'm finally excited to say - yes, I'm jumping on that bandwagon and starting a travel blog.

Here's the general plan: I'll be doing a language program in Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany for five weeks starting on Monday, and then traveling around Europe for two weeks with "Dice-land" Janson. In the fall, I'll be volunteering in India for two months and then traveling around to see family.

Right now I’m off to Zurich, Switzerland for a few days. Long story cut short, I was able to get a good deal on my flights by traveling to Europe midweek. So, I'll be spending a few days in Zurich, along with a day trip to Lucerne. I'm hoping to do some hiking near there... but we'll see.

I'll try to post here as regularly as possible. So, stop by this page when you can - and please comment and/or e-mail me and keep in touch!

Hope you all will stay tuned. I'm not sure what kind of internet access I'll have, but I'll try to post about Switzerland as soon as I can!

5 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read your updates!! I don't know where you are in relation to Munich, but I had a fantastic time there and the daytrip to Neufschwanstein (sp?) is 10000% worth it. You know the Disney logo castle in the clouds? It's real. :) Keep it freaky. ~ Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. You forgot the part about where you meet Jennie and Darren in Munich. And then we go to that castle that Megan is talking about. And then we go to the gay pride parade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so when you take pictures could you please wear a red and white striped shirt and always be in large crowds of people? best game ever!

    ReplyDelete